When choosing a car, people often wonder which drive is better to give their preference to: the rear one, or it will be the front one. And this article, just, will try to tell you about all the available advantages of both front and rear drives, and, thereby, will facilitate your choice. And it is possible to find money for a new car thanks to cars for money near me.
Rear-wheel drive benefits
1) When the car is running, body vibrations are almost inaudible, which appear due to engine operation. This is due to the fact that the engine is located on cushioning elements;
2) Thanks to the short travel of the gear selector and the longitudinal position of the engine, it is much easier to change gears;
3) Due to the smaller turning radius, it is much easier to enter the turn. After all, the front wheels only direct the car, and do not pull it forward. Thus, all the load falls on the rear wheels, which push the car further;
4) A rear-wheel drive car has better grip, due to the fact that when you press the accelerator pedal, the car’s weight is automatically transferred back;
5) In case of skidding, rear-wheel drive cars will be able to cope with it faster.
Disadvantages of rear wheel drive cars
1) These cars are much more expensive;
2) Due to the gimbal tunnel, the passenger capacity is reduced. But, if you do not often carry passengers on this car, then you can not consider this a disadvantage;
Front-wheel drive benefits
1) These cars are usually cheaper;
2) Due to the fact that there is no cardan shaft in the cabin of such a car, the ability to carry more passengers increases;
3) In winter, a front-wheel drive car can be pulled out almost under any hill, due to the fact that the entire load of the car falls on the front wheels. But a rear-wheel drive car, in this case, may simply skid;
Disadvantages of front wheel drive cars
1) Perceptibility of vibrations from engine operation in the cabin.
2) Pressing the gas pedal, if the power steering is not provided, then you will feel a strong shaking of the steering wheel;
3) Due to the combined steering mechanism with SHRUS, a large turning radius. Therefore, if you do not want the joints to fail, press on the gas only when the wheels are completely unscrewed.
Knowing all the advantages and disadvantages of front and rear wheel drive vehicles, it will be easier for you to decide on the choice of a car.